In FY17, we served:
- Approximately 950 families and impacted 5,500 individuals
- 843 individuals for Adult Education classes
- 180 children in Early Childhood Education programming
- 30 children with disabilities
- 58 Youth in School Age program
- 41,134 lbs of food and helped up to 67 individuals per week in our Food Pantry
Providing Quality Education to Youth
After participating in the Early Childhood Education Program, 100% of kindergarten bound 4 year olds, without severe disabilities, were assessed as meeting or exceeding the identified developmental skill indicators of school readiness in all content areas. Content areas include social/emotional, physical, language, cognitive, literacy, social studies, science/technology, arts and math.
Onward House provides quality Early Childhood Education, and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and has attained the Gold Circle of Quality Designation from ExceleRate Illinois.